Saturday, November 5, 2011

Messinian Ruins!!!

Hi! It's Cynthia again and for this entry I want to talk about the Messianian ruins we saw. One day we took a road trip to these ruins and wandered around looking at all the cool looking structures and columns. We soon started taking pictures and posing for them like insane people like us do. I thought it was really peaceful and enchanting, knowing that people have been using them since 2nd century B.C. It was kinda weird to know that ancient people stood, sat, talked, laughed, and gossiped the same place that I was at, and how crazy it was that it was still there. The ruins used to include a track for racing, an amphitheater, areas just to hang out, and a temple to Artemis (goddess of the moon, archery, and maidens). Anyway it was a lot of fun to do some exploring around ancient ruins and I had a really nice time! Until next time...


- Cynthia Nayeli Moncada

1 comment:

  1. So cool. I wish you could could upload pictures so that I can see the ruins too. Miss you all.

    ReplyDelete